Kirkland, WA 98033
425-213-7696 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications: I have extensive experience delivering exceptional technical support on Windows, Mac OS platforms in administrative, scientific and clinical environments. I have great communication skills and can communicate technical information to both those with a greater and those with a lesser technical understanding. I have designed training materials, software documentation, websites, and print publications. I am certified in Service and Project management as well as in administrating several Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, MS SQL and SharePoint sites. I have supported Powerpath, a Laboratory Information Management System for the past 5 years with the Dept. of Pathology
-Six Sigma Lean Green in IT
-PMI certification CAPM
-Microsoft Technical Specialist: Microsoft SQL 2008 and SharePoint 2007
-University of Washington Professional Development Supervisor Certificate
-MCSA /Security: Windows Server 2003
-MCSE /Security: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
-CompTIA Security +
University of Washington
Department of Pathology – Senior Computer Specialist
7/2010 – Current
I provide excellent customer service to over 700 users and support approximately 850 computers across three windows domains in administrative, scientific and clinical settings. I manage a support staff of four students. I coordinate small projects such as custom software, technology implementation, and laboratory relocations. I provide end user technology presentations on topics such as remote connections, features of Outlook, Office365, UW Pathology PurchasePath, and available technologies and resources at the University of Washington. I support the LIMS, Powerpath helping lab personnel to make use of it.
Software projects focus on various asset management tracking systems, developed both in house and by external vendor, to manage slides, cultures, tissue blocks etc. for clinical labs. My roles included setting up meetings with key stakeholders to gather requirements, managing scope of work and timeline for milestone deliverables, and acceptance testing.
Department of Neurology – Senior Computer Specialist – IT Manager
10/2004 – 6/2010
Managed all aspects of departmental computing for approximately 75 users and about 100 computers, supporting administrative, scientific and clinical staff. Department was 65-70% Mac, 30 % PC. Faculty were spread out among 5 sites, including the V. A. and Seattle Children’s. Standardized equipment and configurations. Created infrastructure for data storage. Developed a backup and disaster recovery solution for departmental data. Managed an OU in the UWMedicine domain for clinical faculty computers. Oversaw development of departmental websites, and design, development and implementation of a web broadcasting and recording system for the weekly Grand Round lecture series.
Cell Systems Initiative (CSI) Dept. of Bioengineering – Senior Computer Specialist/Windows Administrator
1/2004 – 10/2004
The Cell Systems Initiative (CSI) is a multidisciplinary initiative founded by the UW School of Medicine, jointly supported by the College of Engineering, and housed within the Department of Bioengineering. CSI’s education mission is to create a virtual learning environment that enables learning through sophisticated use of available and future technologies and work in partnership with local high schools to stimulate interest and education in the sciences.
Provided general desktop support for about 25 employees. Implemented Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain and integrated with the University of Washington’s network, including implementing roaming profiles. Developed a simple bug tracking system and designed test plans and test cases for in house software development. Provided on site hardware and technical support to pilot high schools.
3/2003 – 1/2004
-Independent consulting services for multiple Seattle area customers
• Wireless network installations, hardware (PC and Mac) set up, web development, design, and print production.
Microsoft Corporation (SharePoint/Front Page Team)
Lab Technician/ Support Analyst
-Test lab management and maintenance for over 100 automated client machines in testing lab, provided support to approximately 50testers, developers and program managers.
• Updated the infrastructure by adding electrical, network ports, 100 MB and 1GB switches and moved the lab to its own subnet, set up private domains with DNS, WINS and Exchange.
-Delivered support and expansion for the “FrontPage Lab system”, which was developed for reserving and imaging test machines from a web-based interface using SQL as a backend allowing testers to reserve, re-image and install software on lab test machines from their office via a web page UI. End user configuration choices made would query the database for the commands, image and installer paths and then execute these on the selected lab machines. The application used Perl, ASP, SQL statements and server stored procedures (SPROCs), and DOS batch files and scripts.
• Installed, configured and loaded SQL systems with data, users, and security for performance and automation testing on daily basis; configured less common, more complicated scenarios for testers such as multi – language platforms; third party/competitor platforms
• Provided general technical support for the FrontPage and SharePoint Team Services test and development teams.
Internet Explorer Team – Software Test Engineer
3/2000 – 11/2000
-Running and examining automation cases for results and failures for the Internet Explorer (IE) Team.
• Automated cases, results and reports were all done through a Beta Web application
• Testing of this internal application, verifying results returned in SQL, determined whether bugs were product or automation-tool related and filed bugs as appropriate for Internet Explorer 5.x
• Manual Build Verification Tests (BVT) against Windows XP and Windows 2003 for IE with some coverage on the 64-bit platform; ran others’ manual BVT test cases in areas of Browser UI and Outlook Express.
Volt Technical Services
Contract on Site at Microsoft: Internet Explorer Team – Software Test Engineer (Release Engineer)
8/1998 – 3/2000
-Implementation and execution of automated and manual test cases for Internet Explorer 5.0 and 5.5.
• Identifying and tracking bugs; verifying defects reported by internal and outside groups; validating bug fixes and working with developers to ensure bugs are fixed, working closely with the development group to reproduce and isolate problems.
• Supported “Install Fairs” for distribution of the beta product.
Contract onsite at Microsoft: Consumer Prototyping Group – Systems Engineer
8/1997 – 06/1998
-Supporting prototype hardware and software for Microsoft’s prototyping team and the Digital Home of the Future.
• Software Testing, troubleshooting and administrative tasks for the intranet and internetworking systems such as NT, IIS, DHCP, Proxy, FTP and Web administration
• Support interconnectivity between various networks and mobile WinCE devices.
Volt Technical Services
Onsite Contractor at Microsoft – Outlook Team – Software Test Engineer
6/1996 – 06/1997
-Configuring and maintaining MS Mail, MacMail, Microsoft’s IIS, NNTP IMS and SQL Servers, Exchange 4.0 and 5.0 and NT Server test lab environments.
• Configured and maintained test clients in multiple languages for the testers
• Provided configuration of “domains on demand’, servers.
• Hardware and software troubleshooting; some testing duties involving Exchange Server single instance, ad hoc performance and acceptance testing with new mail client products.
1/1995 – 06/1996
-Defining and implementing Helpdesk technical service and support procedures, outlining and implementing companywide MS Windows NT and MS Exchange migration, second tier technical support to front-line technicians and e-mail administration.
Onsite Contractor at Microsoft – Second Tier Helpdesk Technician
8/1993 – 01/1995
• Senior technical phone support on software and hardware for technicians and end users for the Microsoft network worldwide.
• Trained Microsoft Helpdesk technicians on the Macintosh platform in the Microsoft Network environment on bi-monthly basis.
1996-2011 – The Beltane Papers Magazine
• 2002-2011 Volunteer Editor for an internationally distributed special-interest magazine in 4 countries including gathering articles, overseeing production and distribution/mailing, advertising, billing, managing volunteer staff, etc. after the original editor passed away.
• 1996-2002 General volunteer – proofreading articles, communicating with authors, selecting pieces for publication
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.